Odd Time Drumming Foundation Course
A collection of six odd time drumming exercises
Discover the Simple Solution to Better Odd-Time Drumming!
Does your drumming lack the necessary flow? Is your timing where you want it to be? Do you want to create and play even better time?
If that sounds like you then The Time Space and Drums Series is here to help you achieve your drumming goals and more.
After working for some of the biggest names in British show business for over 35 years, people such as Paul Daniels, The Three Degrees, Susan Maughan just to name a few, along with some of the best music directors in the business, it became clear that everything you will ever play as a drummer will be formed from the most basic exercises. Without mastery of which, all of the complex rhythms’ you play on top of those basics will be messy, uneven, and lack the precision timing and flow that the musicians you play with want to hear.
The Odd Time Drumming Foundation Course is a simple yet comprehensive manual of odd time drumming fundamentals that form a solid odd time foundation for any drummer to:
- Play better time,
- Create a consistent flow,
- and... Become a tight, solid player that understands all about timing when it comes to drumming.
You will be taken through six lessons where everything is broken down into the most basic parts to make things easy to follow and understand.
So, in no time at all, you will be playing in a variety of time signatures like a real pro!
You'll also become a better 4/4-time player.
In the Odd Time Drumming Foundations Course, you'll:
- Develop 3/4 and 6/8 time using 1/4 note, 1/8th, and 1/16th note rhythms.
- Develop foundational 5/4, 7/4, and 9/4 rhythms,
- Develop 5/8, 7/8, and 9/8 rhythms,
- Develop an essential approach to playing odd time meters with more confidence.
- The eight most important time signatures you will ever learn that gives you the odd time drumming foundation every successful drummer needs. At the same time improving your overall flow.
The Odd Time Drumming Foundation Course is your Odd Time Drumming Handbook for becoming a more fluid-odd time drumming expert. With this book, you will begin to Strengthen and Solidify the Existing 4/4 Drumming Foundation Already Developed using each of the beats covered in the first four books in the series. Whilst other books in the series further strengthen this solid drumming foundation, enhancing your abilities and helping you move towards mastery.
So, if you like playing the clean, smooth-flowing time that other musicians want to play with, then you'll love Stephen Hawkins's Comprehensive Odd Time Drumming Foundation Course.